NextProf Pathfinder Workshop: Preparing the Next Generation of Scientific and Technological Leaders
September 18 – 21, 2019
Start Early. Dream Big!
The NextProf Pathfinder Workshop is intended for 1st and 2nd year Ph.D. students or students in a masters program intending to apply for a Ph.D. program. The NextProf Future Faculty Workshop prepares participants for a successful career in academia, the workshop will also offer participants information on what it takes to build a competitive graduate school record to obtain a faculty position in academia/the professoriate.
We strongly encourage women and members of underrepresented minority groups enrolled at U.S. institutions to apply. To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be interested in an academic career in engineering at a top-tier research or teaching institution.
- Have demonstrated a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in engineering.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
This innovative model provides participants with the tools and networks needed to support their success.
What are the benefits?
Attendees will leave the NextProf Pathfinder Workshop with a clear understanding of:
- How to build a competitive resume/CV
- How to navigate first-year coursework
- How to select and interact with an advisor/research advisor
- The value of outreach
- How to cultivate and benefit from mentorship
Details for applying to the NextProf Pathfinder Workshop can be found HERE.